The Sounds of Seasons Changing


This past week as I stepped outside I saw trees blooming with white, pink, and purple buds. I saw grass sprouts growing and flowers covering the yard. Ants have begun to busy themselves with the work of Summer. Spring is here and it popped up suddenly and overnight. One night I went to sleep with Winter's hibernation all around me and the very next morning life was abounding. Spring and Summer are easy for me to admire, they are my favorite times of the year. I love the sound of the cicadas, frogs, and birds. I love the buzz of dragonflies and the magical display of lightening bugs.

I was on the porch in awe of this overnight beautiful transformation. I was thanking God that Spring has arrived. I was admiring the beauty He gives. While I was thanking our Maker for this gift, He gave me a teachable moment.

He had me reflect on a very painful time of my life. A time, when I prayed and stood for something. He wanted me to remember how during that time it felt like it would never end, yet I stood faithful and grew in the Lord. It was not easy and there were times that I thought the pain of it would swallow me whole. I allowed God to teach me in those moments and I trusted in Him fully to see me through. I knew that my Father had my best interest in mind, even if my prayers were answered different from what I wanted. The Lord's plan would be better than mine. I just had to let go.

The Lord answered my prayers in a "suddenly" fashion. "Suddenly" seems like such an opposite term for what we go through in the mist of our Winter Hibernation. Sometimes, Winter can seem to last indefinitely but we know Spring always comes. We do not know the day or the hour yet overnight, it unexpectedly appears. We know from our years on this earth that Spring will follow Winter and because we have seen this time and again we do not worry if the seasons will change.

Our Father wants us to trust in Him. He wants us to know that in the middle of a long season that seems dark and scary; He is there! Our Maker will bring a new Season and spring up new life with renewed hope! If you have been praying and you feel like your Spring will never come trust in this...the Lord is the God of "suddenlys" and overnight when you are asleep; trees will bud, flowers will bloom, birds will sing, and frost will disappear.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1 There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. 

Psalm 30:5 For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In His Image

Wasps and Dragonflies

Love Notes From God!