Love Notes From God!

It was early morning when I got a phone call from my daughter that she was broke down. Instead of my trusted alarm, the morning greeted me with urgency to help my beloved child. Before I could arise and face the day, I felt such a weight on me. I felt heavy for the battles I am fighting. I recognized immediately; my need for Jesus.  I said, thank You Lord for today. I prayed with a grateful heart and a desire to acknowledge right away that the Lord blessed me with another day. 

I didn't want to get up but, I decided to be a big girl and start my day. I got dressed and made my "I'm still asleep" march to the car.  I had only gotten about a  mile down the road when I started praying and praising God that He already has all our needs supplied. I praised him for filling me with His Joy, Peace, and Strength. I praised  Him for the Armor and prayed it over myself and my loved ones. I praised Him for the day, the favor that we have, and for the gift of loved ones in my life. I do not type these things to brag, but to be open in my walk, in hopes that it may lift up a brother or sister in Christ. 

After I picked up my lovely daughter and started towards her work, it was obvious she needed to be cheered up. On the way, we saw a couple of minor accidents. I pointed them out with thanks that she didn't have an accident. I told her that Satan is on the prowl to defeat people even on  Monday mornings. I shared with her that we could be joyful because we are breathing and that she could use my car for her transportation needs until her vehicle could be repaired. I reminded her she could be thankful that she has a job to assist in the repair costs. Also, we can trust in God for it not to be expensive. 

When I had returned back home for a bit, I told my mom that this was a day I could really use a cup of coffee. We didn't have any in the house so it would mean that one of us would have to get out and get it. Neither of us was in the "go and get some" mindset. About ten minutes later, a friend that I rarely talk to called up and said, "Hey, how about I get you a cup of coffee? "How do you like it?" I answered with enthusiasm and hung up the phone. Mom said, "that is so out of the blue". I said, it is my Abba, Father letting me know,  He loves me! You could say it is just a coincidence. You could say it is just a cup of coffee, but it is so much more. It is a teachable moment to be shared. God wants us to see His love for us every single day! 

I have been standing with the help of God and praying for miraculous movements in the Lord. I have surrendered the battle to God and give Him praise for the victory that will be. It may not be in my timing and, I may not be fighting with weapons that can be seen, but none the less I battle all day, every day for change to take place. So this cup of coffee that was "out of the blue" was a Love Note from the Lord. It was an answer to prayers for joy, peace, and strength. God wanted to let me know that He has me. I think the fact that it was a person who has a heart for the Lord and I rarely see; makes it that much more of a gesture of love. They had to have it impressed on them by the Spirit to think about a cup of coffee for Michelle. 

Who am I that my Lord would give a token of His love for me? I am no different than any of my brothers and sisters out there reading this. The Lord is no respecter of persons. He does,  however, want us to remember that He inhabits our praise! By me praising God when my heart is breaking (as well as going through life's normal wears and tears) I, open my spiritual reserves to be filled by God! I open my eyes and ears, both physically and spiritually, to see and hear what the Lord has for me. Anyone who reads this can do the same.  

Lately, I have been hearing about how God sends people to encourage others going through difficult times. I have wondered why wasn't I getting a "special" gesture from God. If I had stayed in those thoughts, it would show that I was not maturing in who I am in the Lord. It would also show that I take for granted the people God has placed in my life to encourage me. That is why we need to take all thoughts captive and be pleased with what the Lord has for us. Trust me, God hears you! He knows your struggles! He inhabits your praise!  He sees you! Most importantly, He has gifted us with His very Spirit who is always with us, speaking to us, encouraging us, and teaching us if we let Him. 

If you have someone in your life who has shown love to you in a time of need just because you were on their heart, give thanks to your Father for that love note. Give thanks to the one who was obedient enough to bring you good cheer in a hard time. Truly open yourself up to see the ways God is holding you. Perhaps, you are not alone and surrounded by family. Maybe it is a service that you attend that God speaks to your situation through a faithful pastor. It could be through a blog such as this; that God is saying, I love you, I see you, I have you! As I have said in previous blogs (see Sacrifice of Praise); praise sets us free. It helps us to put our minds on what God is doing for us and it opens us up to see the love notes God is trying to send us.

God will show you (if you allow Him) how He loves you. Remember to look, listen, and be sensitive to His love notes. Also, be responsive to the Holy Spirit prompting you to be the vessel that is available in someone else's life. Never forget the greatest token of Love our Lord has ever given was the gift of salvation and unconditional love through His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Psalm 22:3 (KJV)  But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Psalm 107:21 (NIV) "Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind"

Matthew 5:8 (KJV) Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.    
(MSG) "You're blessed when you get your inside world - your mind and heart - put right. Then you can see God in the outside world. 

2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV) Casting down imaginations, and every thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 

2 Corinthians 13:14 (KJV) The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 

If you are feeling that you are alone or have been stuck in a mindset that doesn't allow you to see all the blessings in your life pray this prayer with me: 

Father, first I give you thanks for the breath of life that is in me. For adopting me into Your family so that I may receive the glorious blessings that come with being the Righteousness in Christ. Lord, I ask you to help me give you praise in all situations whether good or bad and that you Father would meet me in those praises. Father, I ask you to help me see the love notes you send to me and to help me be in tune with Your Holy Spirit so as not to miss any communications from you. I ask that you help me to be alert to Your prompting to be used as a divine appointment  in someone else's life. I thank you God that You are always with me and that Your love abounds all over my life. Help me Lord to praise you at all times. In Jesus name, Amen. 

If you have never asked the Lord to be your Savior and Master of your life; I invite you to pray this prayer:

Lord I am sinner, I confess myself to you. I believe that you sent Your Son to die on the cross and You raised Him to life again so that I could be called your son or daughter and have eternal life in my Savior Christ my Lord. I ask that you forgive me of my sins and that you come to live in my heart and  fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I give you thanks that today. I'm made new in You. In Jesus Name, Amen!

If you prayed either of these prayers, we would love to hear from you, pray with you, and encourage you. God Bless you and all you do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In His Image

Wasps and Dragonflies