Sacrifice of Praise

We all have those moments in time where we feel like we have to focus on second-to-second instead of minute-to-minute or day-to-day. We tell ourselves to just breath, yet we find it difficult to fill our lungs with air. I'm referring to those times in our life were we feel hard pressed on every side.

There are so many stories in the Bible that share this very season of life with us. We read it and think how did they survive... more importantly how were they able to praise God? I think about testimony after testimony that I have heard where the unimaginable happens and yet their whole journey has become a massive tool in furthering the Kingdom. The one thing they all have in common is that they never stopped praying and praising God.

During the last 3 years, I have begun to understand more and more what it means to bring a "sacrifice of praise". I choose to lift my hands and voice when I feel like I can barely stand. I choose to be raw before God and thank Him for every part of my life; even the parts that cause me crippling grief. I am shattered in parts of my soul and yet in my Praise I can feel God holding me together. I am trusting God to mend the broken pieces even though I can't see the hammer that caused the shards. One thing I do understand with a loud resonating truth, is that God was never the hammer; He was and is always my Healer. Satan is the hammer; he means to kill, steal, and destroy (shatter). It is in the offering of Praise (when I would rather wallow in my circumstances) that God is able to do some of His greatest work in me. My intimacy in God grows in My willingness to lift up thanks, hold the Father's hand, and be comforted by Him in terrible hurts. In my trusting in the Lord, my healing can truly begin. 

In the trials (the toughness of life), there is always something God wants to show us. We will all have suffering in forms of loved ones lost to us, illness, loss of possessions, broken relationships, even for some of us loss of freedom. For me, God wanted to show me that He wants to be my first love...my go to in times of trouble. He wants me to fully surrender to needing only Him. To see myself as a victor over all things and not a victim. No matter what we are facing, there is always something to be thankful for. The teachable moment God would have for us when we are facing trials is that we should not ask, God why I am going through this? Instead, we should ask; Lord (Master of my life) what do You want me to learn in this?

Dear God, 
Help us to know that you are always holding the pieces of our shattered hearts together. Help us to see and focus on all the things we have to give you thanks for. Thank you Lord, that you never leave us to suffer in our trials alone. Thank you Lord that you uphold us with Your Righteous Hand! Father please fill our lungs with your breath of life and restore to us Your strength! Your Joy! Your Peace! Lord mend the broken places of our lives and restore them to new levels that are unimaginable to us! In the Mighty Name of Jesus we pray, AMEN!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - Rejoice always (17) pray continually (18) give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 13: 15-16 - By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name. (16) But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

1 Chronicles 16:34 - Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever.

2 Corinthians 1: 3-4 - Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion and the God of all comfort, (4) who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort
we ourselves receive from God.

Psalm 22:3 - But thou art Holy, O thou that inhabited the praises of Israel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In His Image

Wasps and Dragonflies

God Doesn't Want Bench-Warmers