Melody In My Head


Oftentimes, the brokenness that people carry, can find a way to transfer that damage onto others. It's not always a conscience thing that is done. I grew up with my dad in the penitentiary system. There was a series of events that happened in my life and I remember being extremely young when these broken thoughts started plaguing me:

  • Why was I not enough? 
  • Could I have been more?
  • Why was I even here?

I was obviously too young to even comprehend the attack and weeds that Satan was planting in my life. These questions would become the foundation underneath every decision I made and every relationship I would have. I was a "people pleaser". If I could be the best I could be; maybe it would be enough??? If I could do all they expected of me; maybe it would be enough??? 

My mom and my grandma were people who tried to plant good seeds in my life, but Satan's weeds choked out some of their efforts. I thought they had to say good things because I was theirs. 

Over my lifetime, Satan has been playing out the melody of these questions in my head. The prince of lies would try to reinforce these questions every time I had an injury inflicted by someone else's brokenness. Satan would whisper in my ear that I was not enough. He would say that no-one could really love me, except for my family and that was only because they had to. He would tell me, I was no good for anyone. It's like verses in a song that just got louder and louder. With God's help, I was able to change the station. God wants me to hear His melody! His song is one of immeasurable love!

I started praying and asking God to show me how He specifically loves me and this is what He says: 

  • I was bought with a price. John 3:16 and 1 Cor. 6:20 My Tag will always say Priceless. Isaiah 43:4a
  • I am a daughter of the most high. I am royalty. Galatians 3:26
  • I was formed in love. Psalm 139:13-14
  • God thinks of me with precious thoughts. I am a great value to Him and therefore, more than enough. Psalm 139:17
  • His love and thoughts for me are greater that the grains of sand. Psalm 139:18
  • I was created to reflect God's image. Genesis 1:27/ Ephesians 4:24/ 2 Cor. 5:17

These are versus of the song God wants me tuned in to with the volume turned up. These are the verses for each of us. They are found in His loving Word and there for ALL to receive. They are not specific to me. God wants to heal our brokenness. He wants to stop the cycle of damage. He wants to change the station permanently! He wants the melody you can't get out of your head to be His greatest lyrics for YOU!

The teachable moment is that it is impossible for someone else to fill the voids that we hold within ourselves. We have to find our value and worth in Christ and Him alone. We are not to crave the acceptance of others (Gal. 1:10) No person can ever make these questions or the questions that brokenness may have planted in your life disappear. No-one can ever stop Satan's melody in your head except Christ our Lord and you knowing His word like your favorite song! He is our Healer and Deliverer! We may or may not have someone in our lives who makes us feel worth and builds us up. If you do and that is your only source they will let you down. They are human and the enemy could use them as a weapon against you. Once you know your worth, value, and love that is found in God the Father then you will truly start to receive the wisdom of who you are. We have to stop tuning into these weeds of harm and destroy them with the scripture of God. 

John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

1 Cor. 6:20 (KJV) For ye are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body , and in your spirit, which are God's. 

Isaiah 43:4a (NIRV) You are priceless to me. I love you and honor you.

Galatians 3:26 (KJV) For ye are children of God by faith in Christ Jesus

Psalm 139: 13-18 (NIV) For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in a secrete place, when I was woven together in the depths of earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand - when I awake, I am still with you. 

Genesis 1:27 (NIV) So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He Created them; male and female He created them. 

Ephesians 4:24 (KJV) And ye that put on the new man, which after God is created in in righteousness and true holiness. 

2 Cor. 5:17 (KJV) Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold all things have become new. 

Galatians 1:10 (NIV) Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Father God, help us to see ourselves as only you see us. Help us to receive revelation that we are valued beyond measure in you. Help everyone who reads this word to feel the weeds that Satan has planted in their lives destroyed! Lord, help us to seek your will in our lives and to assist others that you have placed in our path to know the overcomers they can be in You! Help us to remember that in Christ we are not victims but victors! 

If you are reading this and you do not know Christ as your Savior and you are ready for that healing and love to flow through you, I invite you to say this prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner; I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. Lord, forgive me of my sins. I invite you to come into my heart and life and save me. From this day forward, I will trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. I ask that you fill me with your Holy Spirit and allow you’re healing to flow through me. In Jesus name, AMEN!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In His Image

Wasps and Dragonflies

Love Notes From God!