Heirloom

I recently went to visit a friend. While in her house I noticed a grandfather clock. While I was admiring it she told me that it has been passed down through the generations. It has been serviced so it will keep time. Yet, that old grandfather clock will not keep time. She said it will work for a moment and slow to a definite stop. Many have looked at it and fiddled with the weights and pendulums; still, it will not keep time. I sat there looking at this beautiful heirloom and wondered if it will ever work properly again. I thought about future generations in line for the clock. I felt a little sad and wondered if they would treasure such an old relic that did not operate.

In my wonder, the Lord gave me a teachable moment. We are like that clock. We have been created with detail and beauty. We have inner parts that work together to help us perform or function. It took the Master's Hand to equip us with purpose. The clock's purpose is to keep and display time. Our purpose is to keep and display the Lord.

Perhaps, if that clock had been maintained by its creator's masterful hands it would still be at work. Maybe, if it had been serviced by a Craftsman who was trained in the designer's skill the beautiful clock would function as designed. Maybe, if its weights, gears, and pendulums were preserved under watchful hand, then it would not have fallen dead. When it comes to us, we do not deal with "maybes". We deal in "definitely-s"! The Father created us to do good works. We were created to glorify God.

We are keeping time when we glorify God and allow ourselves to be trained up in the Craftsman's Word. We must be prepared to display God in all we face. Our job is to tell the story of Christ. Let your Masterful Creator give you a tune-up! Let your mind be renewed with the function God intended it for! We must stay in God's word... for us, that is like keeping our selves serviced by the Master. It is our operator's manual. Make sure that what you display are the works of Christ!

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Isaiah 43:7 - Everyone is called by name who is created for my glory, whom I formed and made.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (17) so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Dear Lord, I ask that you come into our lives and refresh our gears. I ask Father that you help us to display your light and that our function is in you. Let your Countenance be in us and shine through us so that we may be the light for your Kingdom and draw others near. In Jesus Name, Amen!

If you have never asked the Lord to be your Savior and Master of your life; I invite you to pray this prayer:

Lord I am sinner, I confess myself to you. I believe that you sent Your Son to die on the cross and You raised Him to life again so that I could be called your son or daughter and have eternal life in my Savior Christ my Lord. I ask that you forgive me of my sins and that you come to live in my heart and  fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I give you thanks that today. I'm made new in You. In Jesus Name, Amen!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In His Image

Wasps and Dragonflies

Love Notes From God!